Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Greyhound trip to Portland

I wrote this on the bus down to Portland, on Saturday. Somehow it never got posted...

I'm on the Greyhound bus going down to Portland, where I'm spending the weekend with the boyfriend (which I'm insanely excited about!). I was a bit apprehensive about traveling on the Greyhound, but so far its been a fairly decent experience. I had a bit of drama getting to the station (I was meant to be there at 7am, which meant leaving home at 630ish, but I couldn't find the right bus stop :( ). Anyway, once I got there things went a lot more smoothly. The station was clean and felt pretty safe. I had to wait in a bit of a queue to pick up my ticket, but got it about 20 minutes before I was due to leave.

The bus itself is packed (remanant July 4 traffic!) but the guy I sat next to was nice enough. The seats are decently comfortable and it wasn't boiling hot or freezing cold or anything like that.

We made stops in Tacoma, Olympia, Centralia and Kelso. It was kinda cool to get a glimpse of the cities. The scenery between them was also gorgeous - lots of green! I was surprised by how unbuiltup the areas between the cities are, and how close to the cities the greenery starts!

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my 24 hours in Portland!

0 comments:

Post a Comment