Sunday, July 22, 2012

I realized that my post from last weekend never got posted....

I had a really good weekend!

On Saturday I went for a run around the lake, talked to my family and went to a friend's Bastille Day Cookout. To be honest, I was a little nervous about going because I didn't know anyone else who was going, and wasn't sure quite what it was going to be like. I'm glad I did end up going though because it was pretty fun.

On Sunday I had a lazy morning, skyped with the boyfriend and then had a crazy afternoon! I've been meaning to go to the islands off the coast for quite a while and just haven't for various reasons. I decided that I should just go (even though the weather was a bit grey) and I'm really glad I did. There wasn't really much to do on the island, so my fear that I'd need a full day there was pretty unfounded. I ended up going to a little museum on the history of the island (with a super nice curator, who showed me around and explained everything to me) and then just wandered up and down the main street (and bought more thread to make a bracelet for the boyfriend, which I've been looking for for a while).

After I got back to mainland Seattle I popped over to Chinatown to pick up some things I needed for my attempts to make ginger chews (they're still a work in progress! If/when I find a recipe that works I'll post it :).

After that it was back home, a quick dinner (chilli) and a run around the lake (it got quite dark during the run, which wasn't too good) and then bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment