Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend/Food/Monday Exercise Review

This weekend was a quiet one. I needed a break, so I was glad I got one. I also spent a lot of time focusing on getting things ready for starting law school (eg deciding what kitchen stuff I need). I also spent a lot of time watching Bones (I love that show! Reminds me of the boyfriend though, so I also spent a lot of time missing him!).

I also spent some time thinking about my dietary habits. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that maybe counting calories isn't a good solution for me. When I do, I find myself obsessing over food and thinking about it all the time makes me hungry. Plus, if I end up going even a tiny bit over, its pretty much game over and I just eat whatever. So, instead I've decided that I'm going to aim for 3 400-500 cal meals a day and 2 100-150 cal snacks a day, for a total of 1400-1800 cals a day. I'm also going to make sure that I really like the food I'm eating. I wonder if maybe in the past I've felt "deprived" and compensated by eating junk. For dinner last night I made tuna-zucchini casserole, which looked a bit gross, but tasted delicious! I (roughly) followed a recipe, but made a few changes. I used:

3/4 zucchini
2/3 large carrot
6 pieces of garlic
1 can tuna
1.5 tbsp light sour cream
A few tbsp chicken stock
Pepper
Cheese to sprinkle on top

I cut up the veggies into very small strips and then sauteed them. I let them cool a little and then added the tuna, sour cream chicken stock and pepper. I mixed everything (except the cheese) together and then put it in a pyrex dish and cooked it at 350oF for 45ish mins. I added the cheese about 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Delicious!



Monday Exercise Goals Review


1. Meet heart rate monitor fitness goals every week - haha no. Pretty epic fail on this one!
2. Run 5K in 27 minutes - didn't make much progress on this one either
3. 20 consecutive good form push ups - my goal is to do two more push ups every week and I met my goal for this week (14 push ups)
4. Lose the tummy! (I feel like I should have some goal measurements) - oops, forgot to measure! Will have to do that tomorrow
5. Lose 10 lbs (get down to 127lbs). - ditto #4 for this one

So... all in all not a great week for exercise. That's okay though - I can't do everything right all the time. This week I'm going to be trying to do my exercise first thing in the morning (before work). Fingers crossed for that working out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment