Sunday, June 24, 2012

Busy weekend

Sorry for not blogging earlier. My weekdays are all a little same-y, so perhaps not so interesting to read about?

Friday was an interesting and fun day - I'm still really enjoying it and I think I'm getting a lot out of it. I'm having a lot of fun interacting with clients and I'm learning a lot. I'm already starting to feel more confident, which was one of my goals for this summer. I'm also getting some relevant legal experience - I'm getting lots of time interacting with clients and interviewing them to determine their exact legal problem, I've gone to court and I've been able to write letters to clients.

I also listened to a meditation podcast before bed, which was great and very relaxing - I've done it every night since and really enjoyed it.

Saturday was super busy. I got my hair cut early first thing in the morning. It hadn't had it cut in forever, so it was good to finally get it done! I found out that the posture supporter I ordered was being returned to the sender because my name wasn't on the mailbox. Urgh! I ended up having to walk to the post office (45 mins away) to pick it up, but I guess on the bright side it didn't actually get returned! Anyway, I'll be doing a review on it after I've had it for a bit longer!

I also got a library card (finally!) and borrowed a tonne of books (all from my short term goals list).

New library card and the first batch of books I borrowed!

In the afternoon I went for a walk around Greenlake with one of my housemates. The lake was beautiful and I'm definitely going to spend more time there! We also saw the cutest the cutest ducklings!
The lake is beautiful!



Pear tree on the walk to the lake

Pretty flowers!

Pretty flowers again!

Ducklings!

So cute!!



In the evening I drunk too much...not a good life choice. And...I actually didn't enjoy it that much. I wonder if I'm getting too old for it!

I had a bit of a rough start to the day (a bit of a headache), but I did finally get motivated and go out to the Pride Parade, which was fun! It was the first Pride Parade I've been to and it was an interesting experience! There was a lot more nudity than I thought there'd be. One thing that I "liked" was seeing all the different shapes and sizes and how comfortable people were with their bodies.



I also got a peach mango candle on my way back -  other people in my house smoke, and I've been looking for something to cover up the smell.

Yum!!



Anyway off to bed now. I'm tired and next week is going to be a busy one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment