Friday, June 1, 2012

June & Chincoteague Recap

Gosh, I can't believe it's already June! This year has gone by so quickly. I thought about setting goals for June, but I've decided not to for two reasons. Firstly, it's going to be a pretty stressful month for me anyway as I'm graduating and then moving across the country to Seattle for the summer. Secondly, I have my list of short term goals that I'm working on, so I guess the real goal is to keep working on them!


Anyway, as I mentioned I went to Chincoteague/Assateague in Virginia/Maryland for a few days with some friends after we finished our exams. We had a really great time. We stayed in a lovely house (called Aunt Nelda's!), which was great because it meant we could cook for ourselves and had a bit more space. We went to the beach two days (but only in the late afternoons - I'm too pale to get much sun!) and we also hiked up to see the famous lighthouse there. We also spent a lot of "lazy time" just reading and chilling, but that was also really great. We did a lot of cooking: we made dinner every night (pasta bolognese, chicken in teriyaki sauce, hamburgers and seafood) and we also made a lot of other random cool things (popsicles, watermelon sorbet, strawberry shot glasses, kale chips). I'm going to do a separate post on food. I read two of the books on my goals list - Getting Things Done and The Name of the Rose, and I'll write reviews of them soon.

Anyway, some pictures:

The fully loaded car on the way there! (Steph's picture)

View Across the Channel Separating the two islands


Wine! (We drunk a fair amount of the stuff.)
In case you couldn't guess, we bought the one
on the left just because we liked the bottle!

The famous Assateague Lighthouse

The Island is also famous for it's wild ponies

The swing set near our house...I of course had to test out
the swings!
Boyfriend battling the BBQ (picture by Steph)

We went strawberry picking! (Picture taken by my friend Steph)


The room the boyfriend and I stayed in (picture by Steph)


The house! (Steph's picture)



The beautiful beach! (Steph's picture)

0 comments:

Post a Comment