Monday, November 7, 2011

Food!

Saturday was a terrible day for me foodwise. My dining hall isn't serving food until Monday (because of Fall break), so the boyfriend and I have had to fend for ourselves. On Saturday I ate...candy for lunch. So messed up. Dinner was slightly better - wholewheat pasta with cheese.

Sunday was much better. I felt guilty about my choices on Saturday, and I figured that the best way to make myself feel better was to eat well! I had a spinach salad with celery, broccoli and avocado (and raspberry dressing) for lunch. For dinner I had chicken noodle soup and bread (so much salt in this though :S). I also ran for half an hour in my new shoes, more about that in a upcoming post!

My eating plan for next week:

Monday
Lunch: Chicken sandwich with french fries (I have to be reasonable here, and I really love French fries atm). Possibly a cookie for dessert (they make really good cookies in my dining hall)
Dinner: Pasta with roasted garlic alfredo sauce
Tuesday
Lunch: Spinach salad
Dinner: Macaroni cheese (and chocolate milk!)
Wednesday
Lunch: "Chef's Surprise" (whatever that is. Or salad)
Dinner: Chicken fajita, ice cream sundae
Thursday
Lunch: Pita pizza
Dinner: Butternut squash ravioli, dessert?
Friday
Lunch: Salad, some kind of crepe
Dinner: Burger (with cheese. I won't eat burgers without cheese).

I have to say, looking at that makes me feel like this really isn't going to be a healthy week. My dining hall doesn't have that many choices (if any) and caters to the tastes of the majority, which I guess I'm not really in. 4/10 meals are pasta or pizza, which I really don't think is good. Still, I guess I have to work within the confines of what is available, and perhaps choosing sensible portions is the way forward!

0 comments:

Post a Comment