Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good (lab) news and give me book suggestions!

I think wrote about the difficulties with the lead oxide in my last lab project. The good news is that I was able to change and I love what I'm working on now. (I put one of my (grey) samples in the furnace yesterday and when I took it out it was bright pink! Awesome or what?) I think my supervisor is still a little annoyed about the whole thing, but I'm doing everything I can to win him round! (And I'm optimistic that that will all work out once I start getting some results with my new project.)

On a separate note, I went to talk to the pre-law advisor at university. It turns out that the application isn't actually released till mid August. That's a bit annoying as I was hoping to finish it over the summer. On the other hand, it does mean that I can put it off for a bit and really focus on my lab work, which is obviously good.

I also got a bunch of (library) books today. I'm excited to read them! Does anyone have any book suggestions? I especially like pseudo-intellectual books - things by Malcolm Gladwell or Stephen Levitt (is that how you spell it? He co-authored Freakanomics), but fiction is also good! (I just find it a lot harder to find books in the first category).

In roommate news...I just realised that I literally haven't seen Diza today. I left before she woke up this morning and got back (and put a "please don't disturb" sign on my door) before she did! (I was also out at a bbq till about 9:30!)

Anyway, that's all for the moment. And please do comment if you have book suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment