Monday, June 6, 2011

I've been MIA

I did track my diet on Friday (below).



The boyfriends birthday was on Saturday, so I tracked up until lunch and then didn't worry about it at the party. I stayed over at his (despite his dad being annoyed about it :S), so I also didn't track the next day, which is fine. I want to make healthy choices etc, but I don't want it to completely run my life. (I also didn't wear sunscreen over the weekend, because I didn't want to look greasy for the party!)

I'm going to dinner with his mum (and him, his sister, his mum's boyfriend and maybe some other people) tonight, so I probably won't be able to track that either. We're going to a Chinese restaurant (the boyfriend is half Chinese, on his Mum's side), which I'm a bit anxious about. I'm a bit of a picky eater, and the boyfriend is extremely extremely allergic to fish and peanuts, so I don't eat them either (I don't want to take the risk of kissing him and have him go into anaphylaxis). I've looked at the menu, and I just don't see much on it that I'm going to like. I'm sure I'll be fine - there is at least some tofu, chicken and beef on the menu, so I'm sure I'll be able to find something, but I just don't want to go.

I really want to see the boyfriend, but I don't really feel like seeing his mum again (I saw her before the party, during the party, after the party, the day after the party (yesterday)). She's really nice, and I do like her, but it's just hard having to be on my best behaviour! Plus, I'm still really tired from the party (and the after party!), so I'd really just like to get an early night!

I also have a really bad tendency to get slightly depressed after big things that I've been looking forward to happen. I used to get really distressed at the end of family holidays, and I've been feeling about down today about the fact that the party is over. It was something that I'd been looking forward to for a while (especially because I was going to get to meet a lot of his friends at it). It's also the kind of thing we don't get to do at all at university. (It being going out for a night with good friends, not worrying about work, not worrying about drinking too much because we have to work the next day etc).

Anyway, hopefully I'll get over that silliness soon. I'm sorry for such a rambly post - hopefully I'll get to post more about the party soon! (And I'll definitely get much better at posting after I go back to school for the summer next Monday!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment