Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blueberries!

Yesterday I went blueberry picking with one of my friends. It was so much fun, and I got a tonne of blueberries (and also some raspberries and corn). I also got two new plants - a basil plant and a parsley plant.

I've had my old plant (on the left) for a year now, and it needed to be repotted. I was at Whole Foods to get more protein powder (I have oatmeal with protein powder in it for breakfast) and they happened to have potting soil on sale there! So, I ended up getting a bag of potting soil and three matching pots (one for each of my plants). The basil and parsley came in tiny little trays that a) weren't very attractive and b) my little plants could not have survived for long in them, so they ended up getting repotted as well. As I'm sure you can see in the picture, the Basil (in the middle) is still not super happy - it looks fairly droopy. I put it outside in the sun today for the afternoon, which perked it up a bit but not much. The parsley seems much happier after being repotted!


Anyway, I think I'm going to get some wild flower seeds and plant them in the tray that the basil and parsley came in. Not quite sure where I'm going to be able to get seeds around here though...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun! Blueberries don't really grow naturally here, but in the early autumn I love picking blackberries!

    ReplyDelete