Friday, May 13, 2011

Public Speaking

I hate public speaking. (I'm not sure if I posted about this before given that the blog is playing up.) Its really not my thing. But...it's something I really want to work on. Being able to do presentations well is a really important skill, and its going to end up being something I need to do (I'm considering pursuing a career in litigation).
Anyway...I signed up to be a summer tour guide for my university! I'm not sure yet if my application will be accepted, but I'm excited! It'll be a great way to get more comfortable with public speaking - its (obviously) not graded or anything, and after being here for three years I know a lot about this place. I don't know what my schedule will be if I'm accepted, but I've asked to do 2-3 tours (each tour is an hour) every week.
Fingers crossed for getting accepted to it!

1 comment:

  1. Jinxy,

    I am with you on the public speaking thing.. it is definitely not a strong point for me. I am humbled at those who can get up there and string more than 2 words together.. not the low unintelligible mumble you would get out of me...

    Writing I can do, I just need someone else to speak the words...

    Ry

    ReplyDelete