Saturday, May 7, 2011

Running

Before the beginning of this year I didn't run for exercise, ever. At the beginning of this year I decided that I needed to be able to run. Sometimes I do need to run for a bus or to class. I decided to start off running for  five minutes and increase from there. I've actually decided that I really like running now - it's a great workout! I also have something which means that I can record time/distance/speed/calories on my ipod, so I can track my progress which is good.

I think I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I hadn't been to the gym forever - the longer I don't go for the harder it is for me to convince myself to go. But...I went today! And I ran. I actually succeeded in running for 20 minutes, which is pretty good given that I haven't run since February (according to my IPod...oops).

I'm feeling much better after the run - more focussed and also like I'm doing what I need to do to get to my goals (I was 129 lbs this morning, which isn't awful, but I'd really like to be 124-125 before the boyfriends 21st, in less than a month!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment