Sunday, June 10, 2012

More food!

Today was a very laid back day. I ended up not doing much, in part because I got to bed so late last night.

I woke up at about 9:30 ish, made breakfast and then headed to the gym. For breakfast I reheated some of my oatmeal from yesterday. It was...okay. The oatmeal itself was perfectly fine and delicious, but I didn't feel like it saved much time. It took about 30 minutes to prepare it from scratch and maybe 15 mins to reheat it. It was pretty gelatinous and lumpy when I took it out of the fridge, so I had to add extra milk to get it to soften up. I then had to repeatedly "smush" it against the edge of the pan to get it to de-lump. Anyway, I'm going to continue to make it that way I think, but it wasn't as time saving as I was hoping. I didn't get a picture of it because I was too hungry!!

I then went to the gym for about 90 minutes which was fantastic. I spent 30 minutes on the cross trainer, which was great (and I worked really hard on it! I burned 352 calories, which I was really pleased with!). I then did a weights session, followed by a one mile run. It was a pretty tough workout, but I felt great after.

After the workout I went and bought more food. Seriously, I keep buying more food and it needs to stop! I've spent so much money on food recently. Today I bought a lot of fish (enough salmon for 4 meals and 3 pieces of tilapia) as well as a bag of cherries and an onion! (A random combination of things I know.)

For lunch I had the same salad as I had yesterday! (So I didn't take a picture!).

After lunch I chilled and had a nap and read my book. So, all in all a very relaxed Sunday!

For dinner I cooked up one of my pieces of salmon with some garlic and lots of spinach (I've eaten so much spinach recently!). I tried poaching the salmon, which was fine, but not great. (On a slightly unrelated note, while looking up how to poach salmon I found the following: "You can also poach salmon in your dishwasher if all else fails. Just be sure foil is sealed properly. It will take about 50 minutes on a regular wash and dry cycle.". Haha!!)

Dinner! It was pretty good.
Tomorrow's my first day at work. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also very nervous. Fingers crossed it'll go well! I'll let you know how it goes :)


Post a Comment