Monday, June 18, 2012

Spinning!

Just a short post because I'm going to court tomorrow to watch a hearing! (Unfortunately that means I have to wake up at 7:15, half an hour earlier than normal).

Anyway, I went to my first ever spinning class today and it was a lot of fun! It was also a lot of work (and my rear is a bit bruised!), but it was definitely something I'd do again (and am planning to do again next Monday). It took me a bit of time to get used to the bikes, as they're quite different from a normal stationary bike at the gym or a mountain bike (which is what I'm used to riding outside).

It took me a bit of time to get used to the bike and the settings on it (and I still don't think I've fully got to grips with the settings. I found the sitting to standing transitions and vice versa particularly challenging, because what would seem easy when I was standing would be almost impossible when I was sitting.

I ended up burning about 700 calories (according to my HRM), which is pretty darn good for me in an hour (it's about the same amount I'd burn working on the cross trainer for an hour).

I'm already looking forward to my next class!

0 comments:

Post a Comment