Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yesterday and Today

The job is still going well. It's challenging, but in all the right ways. I still need to find ways to keep myself amused when I don't have other things I need to do. One of the best things about it that I think it's going to great things for my confidence. It's nerve-wracking to talk to some of these people on the phone (I'm never very good on the phone and a lot of these people are under significant stress). Anyway, onto the outfits from the last two days:

My outfit from yesterday. This
is such a comfy outfit :D
My outfit from today. Sorry for the
bad, blurry photo - it was taken
with my phone
And the eats:

On a related note, I was so bummed that I forgot to take pics for what could have been my first WIAW...will have to remember next week!

I had porridge for both breakfasts, which was really good. The idea of making the porridge in advance is definitely growing on me!

I had a spinach salad with tofu, almonds, dried cherries and raspberry walnut vinaigrette. 

For dinner yesterday I had tilapia and spinach and corn:

For dinner today I had pasta with butter and cheese. I know. Ridiculous. It was good though, really good. To be honest, I've had a bit of a lazy day. I didn't end up going to the gym tonight and I took a long nap. I didn't end up getting a picture of it (it was a pretty boring meal anyway).

I don't have a scale here, which is unfortunate. I'd really like one to keep me motivated. I did buy a tape measure yesterday though, and took some (super) quick measurements this morning. My waist was 30" and the widest part of my tummy is 33". Anyway, we'll see what happens over the rest of the summer.

Tomorrow I'm going to a conference in Seattle for legal interns working for non-profits. I'm looking forward to it - it should be an interesting day! I imagine I'll learn a bit more about the field in general and it will also no doubt help to further my goal of taking full advantage of my time here.

On a few unrelated notes:
I woke up in the middle of the night last night with the most painful cramp in my right calf (a charley horse). I'm not sure what happened to cause it, but it certainly wasn't fun. Last time I woke up with one this major was my freshman year of college and it hurt so much that I woke up swearing. I get them with some degree of frequency, but they're not normally this bad. Anyway, my leg is still aching a bit. I've tried stretching it, but it's still not back to normal. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for stopping them?

For some reason my cuticles and fingers are a bit ragged. I've been soaking them in salt water, which really seems to help a lot.

On the postcard/letter front I've done well. I sent a few more off today and yesterday:

Lots of letters and postcards

Anyway, thats all for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment