Sunday, June 17, 2012

Relaxing Sunday

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up pretty early because I went to bed early the night before. I skyped with my parents this morning, which was nice. I then headed out to the gym. I went on the cross trainer for 30 minutes and then did a full weights session. I hadn't done weights for a while, so it was nice to do a session.

After that I headed out to the international district. I had a few snafus with the buses (I missed one because I was late and then missed another one because I was on the wrong side of the road. Urgh. Anyway, I eventually made it to the international district. It turns out that the international district was more like chinatown.

A bad photo of the entrance to Chinatown, and the plaza I
ate lunch in
Chinatown was fun, but it was basically a series of chinese food shops. I bought a bunch of things there, but it wasn't as fun as some of the other Chinatowns I've been to.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of things (despite trying to cut down on buying food!), but there were things that I can't get near where I'm living or that I was looking for anyway and they were super cheap.

The food I got today! Yum!

I ended spending a little over $20...
Rice green tea - $2.50
Seaweed - $3.99
Three sets of mochi (an asian sweet) - $1.19 each. 
Jasmine green tea - $3.99
Lemons - 4 for $1
Plum sauce - $2.50
Gingko green tea - $2.50 
Garlic - $1
Bok choi - $1.50
Lemongrass - $1 
Ginger was 32 cents (yay!).

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with all that!

I ate lunch in a little square near the bus station (I didn't get there till 2, so I was super hungry). I had my usual salad with chicken.

Lunch!

I was a bit hungry when I got back from my adventures in Chinatown, so I had a snack:

Greek yoghurt with banana (which will hopefully help to stop
any more calf cramps!), honey, flax and licorice

For dinner I had tofu in tomato sauce with peas and seaweed over bok choi. It was pretty good (which is a good thing as I made so much that I'll be having it for dinner tomorrow as well!

Dinner: tofu in tomato sauce with peas and seaweed all over
bok choi

I have a bit of a busy week next week. I have an appointment on Tuesday, a lunch meeting on Wednesday and possibly a meeting with my landlord on Thursday (to officially sign the lease).

I'll let you know how it all goes!

PS I realised that the "program" currently set up on my heart rate monitor is the one that requires the least amount of time, I'm going to change that for next week.

What are you looking forward to next week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment